THIS WORKSHOP WILL BE HELD IN CALGARY, AB
This ground breaking workshop will introduce cannabis medicine and provide sound, practical knowledge on the safe and effective use of Cannabis to treat a wide variety of health issues. Upon completion of the workshop, participants will be able to discern cannabis facts from fiction, and speak knowledgeably about how to safely use cannabis to manage various health symptoms, and when it should be avoided. We will cover legalities, contraindications, dosing best practices and much more.
You will learn:
- How our Endocannabionoid system is vital to homeostasis and immunity
- What parts of the cannabis plant are most medicinal and why
- Why you don’t need to get stoned in order to benefit from cannabis
- How the smell of cannabis affects its therapeutic action
- What medical conditions benefit from cannabis therapy and where more research is needed
- Who must avoid cannabis
- What intake methods are most effective
- How to determine the best therapeutic dosage
- Why a small dose is sometimes more effective than a large dose
- How to manage side effects
- Why strain selection matters
- How to navigate current Canadian laws
This workshop will interest:
- Naturopathic Doctors
- TCM Doctors
- Anyone contemplating the use of Cannabis
- Full-day workshop
- 1 hour lunch break
- q & a throughout to ensure information is being understood
- 10 page downloadable handout emailed to students one week prior to class
- Take-at-home (online) quiz required for certificate. An electronic certificate will be issued upon successful completion of the quiz.
Growing methods and manufacturing are not covered in this workshop.
Cannabis Medicine for Herbalists (Certificate) is for educational purposes only.
Jeananne Laing, Cannabis Educator, Registered Herbalist (AHA), and Integrative Nutrition Health Coach.
Through her Enhealthment programs Jeananne helps others regain and maintain health through the use of herbal remedies, nutrition, and lifestyle hacking. Jeananne is excited to now include counselling on legal medical cannabis as a powerful healing tool for her clients.
After many years of managing and teaching at the Wild Rose College of Natural Healing, Jeananne continues her passion for education as Co-founder/Co-Director at Lodgepole School of Wholistic Studies. She is a Cannabis Educator at Harvest Medicine Clinic in Calgary and frequently speaks on various aspects of cannabis and other herbal medicines. Jeananne is a founding member and current President of the Alberta Herbalists Association. She served as a board member with the Canadian Council of Herbal Associations for 13 years (2005 – 2017.)
In 2017 Jeananne completed the Clinical Cannabinoid Medicine program at TMCI Global, The Medical Cannabis Institute and LIFT’s Retail Cannabis Training course. She studied nutrition at the Institute of Integrative Nutrition, completing the Health Coaching Program in 2014. Jeananne completed the Wild Rose College of Natural Healing Clinical and Master Herbalist diploma in 2006 under the direction of Dr. Terry Willard, PhD. Learn more about Jeananne at jeanannelaing.com