Upon registration for any course students are automatically subject to the Policies of Lodgepole School of Wholistic Studies as listed below.
- Lodgepole School strives to be an environmentally aware company.
- All course material is delivered in PDF form via email prior to course start date. Extra charges will apply if you would like a printed copy of the material.
- Where PDF material is not appropriate printed handouts will be provided by instructors as required.
- Communication with students is done through email and social media.
- Students wishing to speak with a Lodgepole School representative can fill out a request on the website and will receive a phone call back within one (1) business day.
- All class registrations are done online through LodgepoleSchool.com website.
- Registrations for all classes accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Full payment is due at time of registration.
- We regret that we are unable to accept deposits to hold a spot in any course or workshop.
- As a community minded school we have chosen to use spaces that would otherwise remain empty in the evenings such as classrooms in community halls and yoga studios.
- Currently (2014/15) scheduled classes will be held at Capitol Hill Community Centre or a studio in Currie Barracks, depending on the class size.
- Other courses may be located in different locations but all will be held in the central part of the city.
- In the rare event a classroom location change is required Lodgepole will endeavour to provide students with at least one (1) week’s notice.
- For the most up-to-date information visit ‘Upcoming Courses’ on the website.
- See individual courses for acceptable payment methods.
- For most courses pay online at time of registration.
- Online payments accepted are major credit
- Some courses will accept payment by cheque. This payment option will be listed with course information. Cheques returned NSF are subject to a $25 administration fee.
Minimum Course Enrolment
- Some courses may be subject to minimum enrolment.
- If a course is subject to minimum enrolment, and minimum enrolment is not met five (5) business days prior to the course start date, the course is subject to cancellation.
- We urge students to register early to avoid disappointment.
- In the event that a class is cancelled due to insufficient enrolment, registered students will receive a full refund.
- Every effort will be made to ensure continuity for the students in the event that changes are required.
- Lodgepole School reserves the right to re-schedule course dates, class location and/or re-assign instructors when necessary.
- Students will be informed of any changes as soon as possible before the course begins.
- For multi-day/week courses, Lodgepole School reserves the right to bring in a substitute instructor, reassign class time/day and/or change location.
- These are general refund policies. Each course will clearly state its refund policy.
- In the event that Lodgepole School cancels a class or workshop, registered students who have paid in full will receive a full refund within ten (10) business days. Refunds are issued in the method that the payment was made.
- Five (5) business days notice must be given to receive a full refund.
- If less than five (5) business days notice is not given refunds are subject to a 10% administration fee.
- No refunds will be given if notice of withdrawal is received within twenty-four (24) hours of course start date, or if a student fails to show up for the course without notice**
- For courses/ workshops with out of town presenters we require five (5) business days notice of cancellation for a Full Refund.
- Courses and workshops with out-of-town instructors may be subject to overriding refund policies. This information will be stated on the course registration page.
- Students wishing to withdraw from multi-week courses of more than 5 days duration may withdraw within two (2) days of the first class. A $100 administration fee will apply. No refunds will be issued after the second class has started.
Withdrawing from a course
- If a student needs to withdraw from a course due to illness or other life circumstances, please contact the school administration office as soon as possible.
- See ‘Refunds’ section for more information.
- Lodgepole School is a community minded school that values mutual respect and consideration for all students and instructors.
- Each instructor will have their own policies on classroom conduct, such as eating, break times, lateness, etc.
- It is the student’s responsibility to make up for any missed classes or course material on their own time.
- Students engaging in disruptive behaviour, disrespect of instructors or fellow students, or public disrespect of the school are subject to being prohibited from taking courses, and may be asked to leave a course, in which case no refund will be given.
Wild Rose College of Natural Healing Official Curriculum
- Lodgepole School of Wholistic Studies does not track your progress towards a Diploma certification with the Wild Rose College of Natural Healing.
- Upon completion of official Wild Rose Curriculum, Lodgepole School of Wholistic Studies will send your course completion information to the Wild Rose College of Natural Healing.
- For all courses that are not official Wild Rose Curriculum, you are responsible for contacting the Wild Rose College of Natural Healing for course credit.
- If it your responsibility to check with Wild Rose College of Natural Healing for their latest Student Policies and Student Passing Standards.
- Currently the passing standard for all Mandatory courses at Wild Rose College is 70% (unless otherwise stated). In order to receive credits for a course, students must fulfill all requirements set by the instructor for that course.
- Lesson quizzes are required to be handed in at the beginning of the next class.
- All project requirements for a course must be completed within in 30 days of the final class. Any project requirements handed in after the final cut-off date will be graded as 0% (unless otherwise stated by the course instructor or college Director).
- All exams are open book unless otherwise stated.
- Exams are scheduled as stated in the course outline.
- A late fee of $50.00+GST is levied for rescheduling exams.
- Where appropriate instructors will allow time for dedicated question and answer period in class.
- Each instructor will have their own policy on answering questions by email or phone between classes.
- Students are encouraged to participate in online study groups and to stay connected through social media.
Last updated: August 13, 2014: These policies are subject to change and Lodgepole School will make every effort to communicate policy changes to students in a timely manner.