This course looks at the basic theories that create the foundations of Traditional Chinese Medicine. Theories introduced include Yin-Yang, Five Vital Substances, Meridians, Zang-Xiang, and the five phases.
This course will also address the factors of disease according to Traditional Chinese Medicine Theory, as well as four methods of examination and pattern identification.
All topics will be introduced with their Chinese ideograms to develop a deeper understanding of Traditional Chinese Medicine’s inferential nature.
Dr. Tiffany Freeman R.Ac, TCMD, Reg. Cl.H (AHG)
- Classroom deliver of 13 informative Lessons
- 13 Lesson Quizzes (electronic)
- Final Exam (electronic)
- Course manual provided in electronic (PDF*) format. (Extra costs apply if you would like a paper copy. We highly recommend bringing a computer or iPad to class.)
*NOTE: The PDF (Course Material) is downloadable once the course is purchased
The Lesson Plan:
- Lesson 1: Introduction to TCM
- Lesson 2: Yin & Yang, 5 Elements
- Lesson 3: Qi, Blood, Body fluids & Essence
- Lesson 4: Meridian pathways
- Lesson 5: Organ physiology- Yin
- Lesson 6: Organ physiology- Yang
- Lesson 7: Causes of Disease
- Lesson 8: The Four Examinations
- Lesson 9: The Four Examinations cont..
- Lesson 10: Eight Principles, Qi & Blood Pattern Identification
- Lesson 11: Organ Pattern- Yin
- Lesson 12: Organ Pattern- Yang
- Lesson 13: Exogenous Pathogenic Factors & Principles Of Treatment
What to bring:
- Paper and pen for taking notes
- iPad or Laptop with pdf of course manual and textbook
- Your enthusiasm for Learning!