“..it took me years to learn how to read the pulse. The years this required were not because of any inherent difficulty in feeling and interpreting the pulse, but were due to my own laziness and stubborn refusal to master the basics of this art. While I searched for advanced and abstruse pulse lore, I was never diligent enough to memorize all the basic facts of this discipline. In other words, I tried to jump high up in the sky without first laying an adequate foundation.” -Bob Flaws from The Secret of Chinese Pulse Diagnosis
Join Dr. Tiffany Freeman TCM Doctor & East/West Herbalist in the classroom for this full day intensive course. Master the basic foundations of Pulse Assessment, based in Traditional Chinese Medicine Pulse diagnosis and developed for the western practitioner.
- Learn to properly assess the pulse, how to best find it and proper positioning
- Learn factors that affect the pulse including common pharmaceuticals, seasons, cycles, foods, etc.
- Establish a functional knowledge of the different pulse categories and their therapeutic meanings
- Develop an understanding of the meaning of TCM terms and pattern discrimination used in assessment and how that translates to the western view of the body
- Aquire valuable experience as we assess one another in the practical part of the class
- Unlike online courses in pulse you will walk away with confidence in assessment through the ability to ask, feel and learn from a live teacher!
- Open to any modality or practitioner of natural therapies!
WHEN: Saturday October 13, 2018
TIME: 10 am to 5:00 pm
WHERE: Blank Page Studio in Kensington, Calgary
INSTRUCTOR: Dr. Tiffany Freeman R.Ac, TCMD, Reg. CL.H (AHG)
INVESTMENT: $125 (+gst)*
* This course is also a part of the Clinical Assessment Skills Series or can be purchased individually
About the Instructor
Tiffany Freeman is a Registered Acupuncturist, a Traditional Chinese Medicine Doctor, and a Registered Clinical Herbalist (American Herbalist Guild). Along with her clinical practice she is also an instructor, author and educator. She is the Co-founder/Co-Director of the Lodgepole School of Wholistic Studies in Calgary Alberta, teaching a variety of courses in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), Western Herbology, assessment techniques, Folk Herbalism and Wild Rose College of Natural Healing curriculum.
In clinical practice her passion lies in traditional medicine and therapies that connect us to a deeper healing. She is always learning and studying adjunctive therapies to better provide for her patients needs, currently she is studying the art of Ortho-Bionomy. In the clinic her primary focus is on Eastern & Western herbal preparations, Master Tung Ching Chang’s acupuncture & therapies and Traditional Indigenous Medicine.
Learn more about Tiffany at tiffanyfreemanwellness.com