Classroom Audits are for Wild Rose students who have purchased this online course at some point in the past. Proof of completion or purchase required.
Nutrition 101 introduces you to the basics of nutrition, digestion, vitamins, minerals, diets, and your choices as a consumer. You will gain a new sense of responsibility for your own health and a greater understanding of how and why what you eat affects your health. At the end of the course you will have made positive changes in your own eating habits and feel confident to counsel friends and family on their best food choices for optimum health.
Members of the Alberta Herbalists Association can receive a 10% discount! Please email us for more information.
Jeananne Laing, MH and Integrative Nutrition Health Coach
- Classroom deliver of 12 informative Lessons
- 10 Lesson Quizzes (electronic)
- Final Exam (electronic)
- Course manual provided in electronic (PDF*) format. (Extra costs apply if you would like a paper copy. We highly recommend bringing a computer or iPad to class.)
*NOTE: a link to the PDFs will be sent to you by email once the course is confirmed and you have paid in full.
The Lesson Plan:
- Week 1: Nutrients Defined, What to Eat,
- Week 2: Water
- Week 3: Protein
- Week 4: Carbohydrates
- Week 5: Fats
- Week 6: Vitamins
- Week 7: Minerals
- Week 8: Digestion & Pathways
- Week 9: Food Defined, Food for Life Stages
- Week 10: Structured Diets, Introduction to Politics of Food
What to bring:
- Paper and pen for taking notes
- iPad or Laptop with pdf of course manual and textbook
- Your enthusiasm for Nutrition!